Sometimes you have to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the glory of cheesy 80’s horror movies. Luckily for us, writer/director Tim Ritter (not sure if he’s any relation to John) kept us fat and happy with a smorgasbord of delicious offerings like the ‘I have no words for this’ movie Truth Or Dare in 1986, and his ‘I’m no one trick pony’ follow-up in 1987…..Killing Spree!
Speaking of the aforementioned, if you’ve never seen the trailer for it – then we’re going to play a fun game where we watch it together and then give five observations afterward. Ready? Roll it!
1. A title card is always more effective when you have blood dripping down it.
2. The actor playing the killer deserved an Oscar for his laugh alone.
3. The giant-lipped woman will give me nightmares and also gives new meaning to the term ‘DSLs’.
4. Clearly that’s a fake head at :52 in. Oh, and that’s the best fake head throw ever.
5. A ceiling fan can’t really chop the top of your head off. Completely inaccurate.
Well those were my five observations. What are yours? Don’t be shy. Ok great – those are all spectacular. Good job! An honorable mention observation for me would be the amazing synthy 80’s score. And do I have good news for you if you’re feeling what I felt with the music because for the first time ever, you can grab the soundtrack on vinyl right HERE! Little films like Killing Spree can go a long way, so seek it out if you want to time travel back to the 80’s and take all of the nasty goodness in.