One of the most frustrating and equally terrifying video games experiences I ever had was when I would sit down and play Clock Tower on my Playstation. Inspired by Dario Argento films (and you can tell by the dialogue and music alone), Clock Tower made me throw my Playstation controller against the wall numerous times (sorry, wall) – but also made me sweat and nearly pee my pants as well (sorry for the gross visual).
Well, someone was nice enough to put up about 10 minutes of some gameplay from Clock Tower involving our favorite Scissorman stalking his prey. I’ll admit, the constant clanking of the giant scissors got on my nerves, but the overall stalking element always won me over.
Ok, so from watching that footage – I concluded that:
– You can fight off a guy holding massive killer sheers with a sheet, umbrella, and a fire extinguisher.
– This game has a lot of vomiting.
– Don’t hide under a bed from the Scissorman.
– The security guard voice over at the beginning is some of the best around.
– The scissor clanking is still annoying.